Friday, September 11, 2009

Beritsuu! Radio Show Translation: June 19th, 2009

By: Xie

BERITSUU!
I miss Kiritsu! Rei! Chakuseki! but it couldn't go on forever. The replay value on them is enough to last a life time, though. I'd like to translate more radio shows in the future; KRC episodes that were particularly funny or interesting, and other radio appearances. I've mentioned it a couple times on H!O, but the first radio shows on my list would be the Haro Pro Yanen! episodes when Buono! hosted. I feel the MomoxMiya fangirl in me squealing just thinking about it lol ♥ダーィヽ(♡´∀`♡)ノ スキッ♥ And, this may be a shocker, but I'm so thrilled about Momo's solo show. It's such a great oppurtunity for her, and it shows the company's really supporting her, her charming verbal expertise, unique personality, and popularity. Meanwhile, Chinami, Saki and Maasa crack me up so much on Beritsuu! I can't listen to it when others are around because they might think I escaped from the resident asylum or something. The funniest thing about it is their frequent grammatical errors and adorable word fumbling. I admit I haven't heard Tsuukai Berryz Kingdom, and I don't think I will since, even though Miya's one of my favorites, Risako and Kumai are my least. I know Shigemichi from H!O translated some episodes.
In any case, I'm pretty sure no one's been translating Beritsuu! episodes consistently. I translated some summaries earlier on, but haven't had time to continue. But they're so funny, I decided to translate the interesting and/or funny parts of all the recent episodes. It would take too much time and be unnecessary to translate everything word by word, unlike Momo's show, unfortunately. It's more enjoyable if you listen along, but it's probably difficult to keep up with since it's in pieces, so that may not be possible. Hopefully you can get an idea of the kind of things they talk about and their personalities more, even if it's incomplete.
---

090619

Captain Saki - Sakio-kun, my hands are small, but let's compare our hands
Sudou Maasa - Sudou-kun, can I sit next to you?
Tokunaga Chinami - Oi!, Chinasuke~!Let's trade candy~!
All Three - 「Beritsuu!」
---
Captain Saki - (lol) Yes, so then, well, this time, Momo's request was "something dropping subtle hints to a boy you like." We had some trouble coming up with these.
Tokunaga Chinami - Wasn't Captain's too obvious?! (lol)
Sudou Maasa - What was it?
Captain Saki - No..(lol)
Sudou Maasa - What did Captain say..? It was quite long
Captain Saki - yeah (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - Compare hands
Captain Saki - “My hands are small, but let's compare hands”
Sudou Maasa - Ah~ compare hands (lol)
Captain Saki - (lol) What, what?
Tokunaga Chinami - eh, I just thought that was good
Captain Saki - For example, there's like “comparing heights”, so...
Sudou Maasa - Ah~, so hand comparing (lol)
Captain Saki - I altered it to hand comparing (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - Ah~
Captain Saki - yeah
Tokunaga Chinami - And Maa?
Sudou Maasa - Maa's was "Can I sit next to you?"
Captain Saki - Isn't that more of a 'hint' ?
Tokunaga Chinami - Yeah. Everyone's were too obvious, we'd be exposed (lol)
Captain Saki - haha
Sudou Maasa - But, "Can I sit next to you" is..
Tokunaga Chinami - That's obvious! If you said that
Captain Saki - Definitely
Sudou Maasa - Isn't that ordinary?
Tokunaga Chinami - Eh~? That'd give it away. (lol)
Captain Saki - So,
Sudou Maasa - Chinami's trading candy.. I don't think Chinami will ever be found out her entire life (lol)
Captain Saki - haha Certainly~
Sudou Maasa - She'll never be exposed, Chinami (lol)
Captain Saki - That's right (lol) No one knows what she's talking about so she won't be found out, Chinami (lol)
Sudou Maasa - haha
Tokunaga Chinami - Ah.. is that right
---
Tokunaga Chinami - ...【I'll get right down to the question. At the beginning of this year, Saki-chan made a pledge to "Be able to cook,"】
Captain Saki - Yes, yes
Tokunaga Chinami - 【Now, are you able to cook effortlessly? And, out of the Berryz members, who's the best at cooking?】
Captain Saki - Ahー
Tokunaga Chinami - 【I don't think it's Tsugunaga Momoko-chan. (lol)】
Sudou Maasa - Ah~
Captain Saki - Yes, that would be right~
Sudou Maasa - Yeah, I've seen Saki-chan, before, with a cook book
Captain Saki - Ah, right, right, right, right (lol)
Sudou Maasa - studying from it
Captain Saki - I bought 3 of them - Cook books (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - Isn't that faking it? (lol)
Captain Saki - Hey- (lol) What?
Tokunaga Chinami - hahaha
Sudou Maasa - Yeah.. (lol)
Captain Saki - Seriously, this person.. (lol) Really~
Sudou Maasa - Faking it.. (lol) That's mean (lol)
Captain Saki - Lately you've have a lot of 'jabs' like that
Tokunaga Chinami - Well I've been trying to get better at comebacks
Captain Saki - Yeah you have~
Tokunaga Chinami - I'm trying
---
Captain Saki - Now you mention it, don't you want to have like a cooking competition with all of us?
Sudou Maasa - eh, I wanna!
Tokunaga Chinami - Mhm...
Sudou Maasa - I'd like to
Tokunaga Chinami - (lol)
Captain Saki - I'd like to be on Maasa's team~
Tokunaga Chinami - ...eh?
Sudou Maasa - Eh, but I can't cook that well
Captain Saki - Eh, Maa's good at it, though
Tokunaga Chinami - yeah
Captain Saki - You're really good at like sweets..
Tokunaga Chinami - Yeah, She is
Sudou Maasa - No way~ Ehー?
Tokunaga Chinami - For this year's Valentine's...was it tarts...?
Captain Saki - Tarts. Um, potato tarts
Tokunaga Chinami - Right! And, the tarts, um, from scratch-
Sudou Maasa - Right, from scratch
Tokunaga Chinami - She made them from scratch
Captain Saki - That's awesome
Tokunaga Chinami - Yeah, they were great
Sudou Maasa - I tried my best to make them from scratch
Tokunaga Chinami - mhm
Captain Saki - Isn't it Maasa, though? The best at cooking
Tokunaga Chinami - I'd say Maasa, right?
Sudou Maasa - Really?
Captain Saki - mhm
Sudou Maasa - I'll do my best. I'll do my best to improve..
Tokunaga Chinami - But Risako seems unexpectedly like she could cook
Captain Saki - Ah~ I wonder
Sudou Maasa - Ah~
Captain Saki - It seems like she likes that kind of thing. Even though she probably doesn't have the time for it, Risako...
Sudou Maasa - It seems like she'd like that detailed work, Risako
---
Tokunaga Chinami - 【...Berryz, during concerts you move and dance so much, but your hair doesn't really fall apart, right? That's probably because it's held strongly with hair spray, right? Do you wear firmly held together hair styles outside of work? Do you wear your make-up, etc. differently than we see on TV?】
Captain Saki - Oh~
Sudou Maasa - Oh~
Captain Saki - That's-
Sudou Maasa - Isn't that something, how our hair stays...
Captain Saki - That's because of hair spray, right
Tokunaga Chinami - yeah
Sudou Maasa - yeah
Captain Saki - Ours are really tightly held down
Sudou Maasa - Our bangs
Captain Saki - Yeah, our bangs too
Sudou Maasa - But, Maa..
Captain Saki - (lol)...
Sudou Maasa - My bangs get crazy during [performances]
Tokunaga Chinami - Maasa's get crazy during [performances] ! (lol)
Sudou Maasa - yeah, yeah
Captain Saki - I know
Tokunaga Chinami - At a concert once..
Sudou Maasa - mhm
Tokunaga Chinami - It was held together so weird, it was like a bar code (lol)
Captain Saki & Sudou Maasa - haha
Captain Saki - like a bar code (lol)
Sudou Maasa - Right! It looked like Tamuken-san* (lol) (*A comedian with greasy bangs)
Captain Saki - Really.
Tokunaga Chinami - They were all hard..
Sudou Maasa - I thought like, What should I do (lol)
Captain Saki - And like,
Sudou Maasa - Ha~(lol)
Captain Saki - When I make eye contact, (with you)
Tokunaga Chinami - Ah~
Captain Saki - It's like, “Eh, Maasa's bangs?”
Sudou Maasa - Yeah, everyone's like "Your bangs!" all the time, when they pass me
Captain Saki - (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - It's crazyー
---
Sudou Maasa - I don't use hair spray at all outside work
Captain Saki - I don't at all normally
Sudou Maasa - I don't wear make-up. Outside work.
Tokunaga Chinami - For real?
Captain Saki - Yeah, Maa doesn't, huh?
Sudou Maasa - Not at all, yeah
Tokunaga Chinami - You don't
Captain Saki - I'm jealous Maa looks pretty naturally
Tokunaga Chinami - yeah
Sudou Maasa - eh, really? No. Lately blemishes..
Captain Saki - Nah, not at all
Tokunaga Chinami - eh, not at all- you're pretty
Captain Saki - Right?
Sudou Maasa - Really?
Captain Saki - You're fine as is, Maa. Yeah
Tokunaga Chinami - Yeah. Eh, normally... (*clap*) Well, has anyone put their hair up outside work?
Sudou Maasa - No~
Captain Saki - Normally, well lately I've been growing my hair out
Sudou Maasa - You have~
Captain Saki - Yeah. So, bed-head? When I have severe bed-head in the morning I tamper with my hair, but..
Sudou Maasa - Heh~
Tokunaga Chinami - Eh, really!? That's great
Sudou Maasa - Wow
Captain Saki - Yeah. I did it yesterday
Sudou Maasa - Heh~
Captain Saki - 'Cause I had time (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - Mhm~
Captain Saki - But, well, I don't usually do it other than that, It's usually just like straight
Sudou Maasa - Right, right, right
Captain Saki - Right.
Sudou Maasa - So, I don't usually put it up on my own, I can only do as much as like a ponytail
Captain Saki - I'd like to be able to put my hair up
---
Tokunaga Chinami - 【...What kind of event would you like to do?...】
---
Sudou Maasa - Also, I'd like to do like a mini athletic meet
Captain Saki - I'd like to do that~
Tokunaga Chinami - I wanna do that~ What kind of games would you want to do?
Sudou Maasa - I'd like to do a running one..
Tokunaga Chinami - Eh!? ...Doesn't that seem fast?
Captain Saki - (lol) (*clap*)
Tokunaga Chinami - (lol)
Sudou Maasa - But, Maa, (lol) I'm slow, though. Well, isn't Risako the fastest?
Tokunaga Chinami - mhm
Captain Saki - She seems [the fastest]
Sudou Maasa - And Chinami would probably be around the second~
Tokunaga Chinami - No, not Chinami. I'm more like the 5th. I've gotten slower
Sudou Maasa - Eh, Chinami's fast. I think either Chinami or Risako's the fastest
Captain Saki - mhm
Tokunaga Chinami - Yeah, Risako's fast~
Captain Saki - Yeah
Tokunaga Chinami - She's crazy fast
Captain Saki - If we did it now, I feel like we'd all have changed. Well, I haven't ran at all..
Tokunaga Chinami - I haven't ran either
Sudou Maasa - I haven't at all, either
Tokunaga Chinami - Only when I'm trying to catch a train (lol)
---
Tokunaga Chinami - What I wonder.. Um, more than an event, um, something like an amusement park tour with all of the fans..
Captain Saki - Ah~
Sudou Maasa - Oh~ That's great
Tokunaga Chinami - I wanna do that~
Captain Saki - That sounds fun, though
Tokunaga Chinami - Yeah, we could like ride roller coasters, there are lots of those like, ferris wheels.. right, what is it, with the rooms..
Captain Saki - Rooms (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - Like.. the rooms?
Sudou Maasa - Rooms..
Captain Saki - Ferris wheel.. is it a ride?
Tokunaga Chinami - Dongola
Sudou Maasa - The something- "Dragon" thing? Ah, no?
Captain Saki & Tokunaga Chinami - ...
Tokunaga Chinami - Ah, it's Gondola (lol)
Sudou Maasa - Ah! Gondola, gondola
Captain Saki - (lol)
Sudou Maasa - I said "Dragon" (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - It's "Gondola," Maasa~ (lol)
Captain Saki - Gondola, right? (lol) Gondola
Sudou Maasa - Yeah, isn't "Dragon" close though? haha..
Tokunaga Chinami - You can't say "Dragon." It's called a "gondola"
Sudou Maasa - So~rry (lol)
---
Tokunaga Chinami - Um, we could have a ride tour.. Why do you look so disapproving? (lol)
Sudou Maasa - But, eventually..
Captain Saki - They'd eventually have to ride by themselves, right
Sudou Maasa - Since there's only 7 of us, eventually, they'll be told only like 4 people can ride so the fans would probably befriend each other and be against us in the end (lol)
Captain Saki - (lol) Yeah
Tokunaga Chinami - Well for that we could do like a drawing...Right. Yeah, we can be like the Bus Guides and give a tour. An amusement park tour..
Captain Saki & Sudou Maasa - ...
Tokunaga Chinami - Ah, you're not with me. Yeah, that wouldn't work (lol)
Captain Saki & Sudou Maasa - (lol)
---
Tokunaga Chinami - 【Before, there was News about Risako's sneezing being grandiose, I think Chinami-chan's as well, is something else.】
Captain Saki - Where'd they find that out? (lol)
Sudou Maasa - Yeah~
---
Sudou Maasa - Chinami's...
Captain Saki - You sneezed earlier, too, right. Chinami (lol)
Sudou Maasa - Yeah. But Chinami's sneezes are cute, aren't they?
Tokunaga Chinami - Eh-!?
Captain Saki - The staff.. (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - It's not cute
Captain Saki - The staff were like, "Was that a cough or a sneeze?" (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - (lol)
Sudou Maasa - Right, right. Everyone says like, "Who was that?"
Tokunaga Chinami - I've been sneezing a lot lately
Sudou Maasa - Why? (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - Eh, I don't know. And, the other day, um, on the 10th, the "Alo Hello" DVD came out, right?
Captain Saki - It did
Tokunaga Chinami - Right, I watched it, and the prank, the- um, when they told us it was a prank, I sneezed by myself (*At the 38:47 mark, when they say "that's it,” Chinami sneezes )    
Sudou Maasa - Eh~ No way
Captain Saki - (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - I did!
Sudou Maasa - Did you..?
Tokunaga Chinami - You probably can't notice it, but I sneezed by myself
Sudou Maasa - Ehh~
Tokunaga Chinami - But mine aren't very powerful
Sudou Maasa - Yeah.. It's pretty cute
Captain Saki - Well,
Sudou Maasa - It's like, "Kushan!"
Captain Saki - It's different
Tokunaga Chinami - Na-uh. Really?
Captain Saki - I wouldn't call it robust..
Tokunaga Chinami - Weird?
Captain Saki - Like,
Tokunaga Chinami - (lol)
Captain Saki - (lol)
Sudou Maasa - (lol)
Captain Saki - How can I put it...
Sudou Maasa - Changed
Captain Saki - I don't really know, so, let's have them view the DVD, shall we?
Tokunaga Chinami - Yes, okay..
Sudou Maasa - Yeah.
Tokunaga Chinami - We're waiting for everyone's letters after viewing it~
Sudou Maasa - ...eh (lol)
Captain Saki - (lol)
Sudou Maasa - Letters about Chinami's sneezing? (lol)
Captain Saki - (lol)
Sudou Maasa - (lol) I have a feeling we'll be getting a lot (lol)
Tokunaga Chinami - What they thought of it, I'm curious myself
Sudou Maasa - Ah~
---

0 comments: